Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Four Rooms


Summary: A new Bellhop named Ted (Tim Roth) is stuck working the late shift on New Year’s Eve. During the course of the night he is thrown into situations with guests in four different rooms.

Plot (A): What a great storyline. Each room that Theodore encounters is so outrageous and funny. Each of the four rooms he walks into have nothing to do with the previous. The only thing they have in common is Ted and shit storm they throw him into.

Action (N/A): This film isn’t about action at all. However, do not worry! This film does not slow down by any means. Each room presents its own “action” and tension keeping viewers entertained.

Acting &Dialogue (A): Tim Roth is excellent in this film. He plays his character with tons of energy. I love the way he talks to the guests especially the kids. While Roth is the main character there are several other actors in this movie who are very good. It would take too long to explain what I liked about them so I’ll just list the other actors: Madonna, Valeria Golino (Hot Shots!), Maris Tomei, Antonio Banderas, Quentin Tarantino, Jennifer Beals (Flash Dance), Bruce Willis, and a few other people whose faces who’ll recognize.

Sex Appeal (A): Yes, there are tits in this movie, hence the A for this category. Therefore, I’m happy!!!

Directors (A): This movie is very different from any other movie because each scene has a different director. Each director wrote the scene they directed. The first two directors you probably don’t know, they are Alison Anders and Alexandre Rockwell. The second two you heard of and they have worked together a few times before. The third scene was directed by Robert Rodriguez (Desperado) and the fourth was directed by none other than Quentin Tarantino. Each scene is written and directed very well. Each new room Ted the Bellhop enters is worst then the previous, thanks to the creativity of the writers/directors.

Overall: A-

(Note: I saw this movie a year after it came out which was 1995. It is one of my favorite movies and I highly recommend it.)

6 comments:

  1. I never heard of this movie but it sounds really cool! Adding it to my NetFlix queue. I'll let you know what I think, MovieTitan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the scene with the kids, esp. when they discovered what was under the mattress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've mean to see this forever. Thanks to the reminder. Anonymous 1 & I will have to see who gets to Netflix 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!! That is a great scene. For the others who havent seen it you will definitely enjoy it. As I said, each scene is reminiscent of that directors style. I'm a bit jealous since you'll be watching it for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm confused. Did I miss something? This is a comedy?!?

    ReplyDelete