Thursday, March 25, 2010

Left One Out...

A buddy told me that I was missing Captain America (1990) from the list. I should have put it on the list since the reboot The First Avenger: Captain America is due out in 2011 and they just gave the title part to Chris Evans. Along with the original Punisher film the 1990 Captain America was one of the first Marvel movies created and to say the least it was less than stellar. Corny dialogue, bad acting, no recognizable actors, and little studio support all contributed to the poor outcome. I watched some of the film the other day on YouTube and it reconfirmed by point of view. I will say that the script was on point in certain areas and relatively true to the comics. If it was executed better maybe the film would have been more of a success.

3 comments:

  1. Other movies based on comics:
    Road to Perdition
    1960's Batman movie staring Adam West
    Swamp Thing
    A History of Violence
    Steel (Shaquille O'Neal)
    Catwoman
    Men in Black
    Hellboy
    I think Blade started the "dark superhero movies can be good" trend
    The Mask
    30 Days of Night
    300
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Wanted
    V for Vendetta
    Surrogates
    League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
    The Spirit
    Howard the Duck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going for more of the classic comic book movies and within the list you mentioned I forgot to discuss Catwoman, Hellboy, Blade, 300, and some others. Currently I'm working on a Top 15 Comic Book Movie List...10 is just too hard to narrow down. It will be up in a few days. By the way Howard the Duck its so bad that you gotta love it hahahaha nice Yero! I didn't know Road to Perdition was a comic book...interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A history of violence was based on a comic book? Did not know that at all. Great movie!

    ReplyDelete